Flavorful Hardneck variety. Robust and very hardy, a great performer.
- Produces 8-10 medium/large cloves per bulb. 5-7 bulbs per pound.
- Taste: Rich sweet flavor when roasted and sauteed. Intense flavor remains even when cooked. Great raw with medium not too overpowering garlic flavor. Great in olive oil and salad dressing.
- Physical description: Beautiful purple/red striped wrapper with cloaking red cloves. Easy to peel cloves.
- History: Collected in 1985 in the village of Shvelisi in southern Republic of Georgia.
- Storage: Average 3-6 month in good conditions (dry, cool and well ventilated)
- Culinary or tablestock garlic is 1 -2 inches